Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tell me about yourself - HR Interview Questions

Do you know why this question is asked so often in most job interviews? Because, this question is actually an ice-breaker. Asking this question starts the conversion. So one better be prepared for an answer. This question gives the interviewer a chance to know about the interviewee. Once you start talking about yourself, interviewer starts preparing his/her next question. So there are high chances that the next question that would be fired on you will be based on the answer of this question. As the answer for this will be based on you, you think and prepare it before the interview.


You! Tell them your name and which place you are from. Do not start with “Your name”, start with “I am your name”. This is a very common mistake. Not acceptable in interviews especially in call centre jobs.
You may talk about your family (cover up in short), you may talk about your how you came to the city, etc.


Education- Tell them about your education i.e. graduation/post-graduation.
If you are a fresher then tell them the grades you got. If you have done something different than others then tell them. It surely adds a value!


Experience- Talk about your whole experience. Start from early years and gradually come to recent years. If you have a long experience then you must not be doing same thing all years. Then exactly what you were doing? This is what your interviewer wants to listen.
If you are a fresher then talk about your projects.

Experience regarding to the post you have applied for- This is of most interest to your interviewer. You may be having lot of experience but how much experience you have regarding current job post is very very important. If you do not have it then you can talk about some related experience. Or if you do not have related experience too then say it clearly. Buy along with it give them confidence that you can do it and you have genuine interest to do it.
Fresh candidates who do not have any kind of experience, you should show some positive attitude and exhibit willingness to learn and do new things. Be ready to do new things. Don’t worry that you will make mistakes. Fresher candidates are expected to do mistakes and your employers are well aware of it so you don’t have any reason to be afraid. Believe me no one will give you more work than you can handle.

Do not describe your salary or pay scale at this point of time.
Avoid giving unnecessary details. Value your interviewer’s time.
The idle answer should not last more than 1 minute.


Other reasons that interviewers ask this type of question are because they want to:

Hear your thought pattern
See what’s important to you, by assessing what topics you talk about
Assess your language and grammatical skills
Buy time while they look over your CV
Confirming what you have already written in your CV
Look for loopholes in your resume
Gauge your personality, etc.




Example 

Good morning,

Firstly I would like to thanks for giving me this opputunity and its my pleasure to introduce my self.

I am neha came from hyderabad. I did my Btech IT in JNTU H with 61%. I completed my intermediate with 78% from narayana junior college. And my schooling with 73%.

When it comes to family. My Family contain three member including me. My father and mother are Govt Employee's.

And then coming to my Hobbies. Playing shuttles and watching TV.

My strength is Each and every problem that occured in my life till now has taught me so much. And I think I am strong enough to face any situation in my life and career. My experience is my strength and I feel it as the best teacher.

Coming to My weakness is - I am too concerned with the people, which has given me so much pain and tears.

My Short term Goal is to join in this company and my Long Term goal is to I would like to be in a good position in your company and improving my skills and knowledge in the development of your organization and myself.

My Areas of interest are c, .Net.

I easily adapt to any kind of environment, and that helps me feel comfortable at work. Being calm and patient, helps me to solve the problems in a better way. And that is my biggest strength too.

Am very passionate to be a part of this company if I got selected I'll work whole hardly to the progress of the company.

No comments: